At Dolan Funeral Home, a licensed funeral director and embalmer is available 24 hours a day, seven7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, 365 days a year. The foundation of all our services starts with our basic service to your family, which includes our staff’s, staff response to your initial request for service, consultation with family or a responsible party, preparation and filing of necessary certificates and permits, placement of obituary notices, planning of funeral arrangements, and coordination of services with the church or clergy, cemetery, crematory, vault companies, and others as needed.
Funerals as unique as the departed
While funerals may vary in many ways, they all have common factors such as visitation, ceremony, committal service, or receptions. While none of these are mandatory, most involve some or all of them depending on your situation. We create meaningful, distinctive, and affordable memorial, burial, and cremation services in the Chelmsford MA area.
Traditional funerals are not religion-specific and usually involve a traditional service with visitation, followed by a church or chapel service ending with a burial or cremation. You may choose to have a memorial service at a church, or here at Dolan Funeral Home, or at another location.
Visitation – Also called a viewing or a wake. Friends and loved ones can come pay their respects, view the casket, say a prayer then offer condolences to the family.
Funeral Ceremony – Usually held at the funeral home, or a church or graveside. Some choose to play music or have someone say a few words, a prayer or other activities.
Committal Service – If a burial is planned, this is the procession of the vehicles to the cemetery. Guests and family gather at the open plot or mausoleum and the Rite of Committal is given, the final set of prayers.
Funeral Reception – Some choose to hold a social gathering after the Committal Service with food and refreshments. We take every precaution to limit the spread of COVID-19 by following and enforcing CDC guidelines in our premises.
How We Can Help
There are a lot of things to handle simultaneously when a death occurs. 24/7/365, Dolan Funeral Home is always ready to respond to your needs. Some of a funeral director’s function is to help you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services we provide:
- Coordinating and assisting family with funeral plans
- Care and custody of the body
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Coordinating service details with the clergy and or church
- Arranging for your selection of music
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in local media
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in coordinating arrangements for cemetery space
- Arranging transportation for you and your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location, assisting with travel requirements if needed