Over the last few months, many of our friends and neighbors in and around Chelmsford have reached out asking how Dolan Funeral Home is ensuring the health and well-being of everyone who walks through our doors. They wonder how our services have changed. They’re curious about our cleaning protocols. They want to know what to expect when meeting with our staff to plan or attend a funeral or burial.
As a cornerstone in our community since 1974, and as leaders during times of tragedy and uncertainty, let us assure you that your family’s health and safety is our number one priority. Our family owns and runs the funeral home, and we do not take your family’s trust in us for granted. We may not be able to control the world outside our funeral home, but we can (and do) control the environment within our facilities.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we are closely monitoring each regulation change and following CDC, state, and local health guidelines for funeral homes. We want to reassure you that we are taking every measure to continue being a safe haven for families going through a difficult time. We have always had the highest standards and are dedicated to providing a safe and clean environment for our staff and the families we serve. Read on to learn exactly what we are doing to give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Our Health and Safety Precautions
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, and hand soap are readily available throughout our funeral home.
- Floor decals clearly designate where to stand to remain socially distant, as well as direct the traffic flow as people enter and exit various rooms.
- We diligently clean all high-touch surfaces, including door handles, faucets, and countertops. A disinfectant solution is distributed through fogging to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Guests are reminded to wear masks and we have extra masks on hand for those in need.
- Food and beverage services are temporarily suspended.
- While it is natural to shake hands, hug, and gather close together at a funeral or burial, we are gently reminding everyone to limit personal contact and give the appropriate distance to others.
Our Options for Services
- We adhere to state mandates regarding how many guests are able to gather inside our funeral home. Contact us to learn more about the latest guidelines.
- We offer free livestreaming from the funeral home, graveside, or house of worship. This allows families to pay tribute to their loved one with the opportunity for others to watch remotely from the comfort of home. Our speaker system ensures that every guest can hear clearly whether nearby or at a distance.
- We also offer the opportunity to leave a note of condolence for the family online. Simply click on the Obituaries tab on our website to find the appropriate obituary and post a comment, story, or word of encouragement.
- Though we have the capacity to serve several families at a time in our spacious facility, we are following state regulations which indicate that we currently may serve only one family at a time.
- Every house of worship and cemetery has different guidelines regarding the number of people they allow to congregate. We are aware of the regulations of each and will communicate that accordingly.
- Drive-through visitations are available, though most families are choosing to congregate indoors as the number of guests allowed to attend is increasing.
Our Options for Making Funeral Arrangements
- For those needing to plan a funeral, we are able to meet in person or virtually through Zoom. Our convenient online form also provides the opportunity to begin the planning process. All of our merchandise including caskets, vaults, and urns are available online so families can view their options whether they are here or joining us from home.
- When a signature is required, we offer an option to sign paperwork online.
- If a family who is meeting with us in person wants to include a loved one who lives at a distance or prefers not to come to the funeral home, they can join us through Zoom or other virtual options.
Beyond communicating our efforts, our Dolan Funeral Home care team wants you to feel comfortable reaching out to us at any time with any questions or concerns. We will address them immediately knowing how important it is for families to have a clear understanding of our practices and procedures. With decades of experiencing walking alongside our neighbors after they lose a loved one, you can rest assured that we are always available for you when you need us.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented time. Together, we will support one another, showing yet again the strength and resolve of our wonderful community.